Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Small Haul and Eyes of the Day

I recently purchased the NYX Palette of I'm Dreaming of St. Lucia. I got it off of HauteLook and it took about two weeks to arrive. It also came with a bright blue eyeliner and a roll on shimmer. The colors are lime green, light blue, yellow, pink, and orange. The colors are fairly pigmented aside from the yellow but that was expected.

I didn't swatch the colors, but I'll have some looks with these colors now that it is officially Spring. Or at least I thought it was Spring. Today was freezing, it was about 35 degrees all day. This place has the most random weather; glad I didn't pack up my winter clothes just yet. 
I did do a look today, combining this palette and my Too Faced Matte Eye palette. I also stole some of my mom brushes in order to blend correctly. 

Clearly I used the blue inside the palette on my lid and Coffee Bean (a dark brown) on my crease. Since I'm out of my favorite Buxom eyeliner, I settled for the Tarte liner which works pretty much the same. I'm not sure why my face has so many small bumps, but don't pay attention to that. I also applied some of the blue to my lower lash line. That is something I never do, because I always feel like I look like I got punched in the eye or a clown. With bright colors it actually works, thankfully. The mascara I used is Tarte Mascara and Lashgasm. I still haven't figured out which one I like the best, so why not use both? 

Later in the day, I headed over to Rite-Aid and I was looking for a gold eyeshadow because I realized that I don't have a (good) gold eyeshadow! So I ran across the Wet n Wild palette I'm Getting Sunburned. 

The colors are labeled Brow bone, crease, and eyelid. I'm sure I'll use them quite differently though, because I'm not sure how I feel about a pink brow bone. The palette was only $2.99, so very budget friendly. I then googled the product and apparently the colors are very pigmented....
And I must agree! These are shimmery too, but I think I like these shimmers. The gold is hard to see on my skin color, but with some primer it will definitely POP on my eyes and I can't tell you how happy that makes me. :) 
Also I've been working on the a Nail Polish challenge. Its taking me quite awhile because I also want to show different designs and not just my favorite nail polish. So that will be a blog post in a few days. Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment