Monday, April 16, 2012

My Glam + More

So its been awhile since I have posted and that is because I have been busy with some family time. Lately I have been spending lots of time with my mom and every Saturday the rest of my immediate family have started trying new things around the DC area (that's where I live). This latest Saturday, we went to a parade/festival. The Cherry Blossom Parade/Festival to be exact. Around here, its really a big deal to attend the events in the area. I was disappointed in the parade though, only because there were so many gaps in between the floats and not to mention there are no more Cherry Blossoms. Other than that I got some pretty good pictures of some of the more uniformed floats.
I know I said that this next post would be a fashion haul, but I've been a tad sidetracked to take pictures of what I purchased. So for now I'll talk more about makeup! I promise next time will be fashion!
The first purchase was the MyGlam Bag April edition. It came with a lot more than I expected.  As you can see, it came with an eyeshadow and eyeliner brush, the UD 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil, DermStore Lip Quench, and the All-Belle Eyelashes. If you're interested in the MyGlam Bag then go to MyGlam and check it out. You might have to wait a month or two before you actually get your first bag, because they have a limited supply so subscribe ASAP.
The eyelashes are what I'm most impressed about, they're handmade in Tawain and extremely soft. I haven't worn them yet because they're super dramatic. Also, the DermStore Lip Quench is amazing! Its been so dry here and whenever I put it on my lips are so moist! I absolutely adore it, I must buy some more.

The second purchase is the Sigma Blending Brush. So I have no idea where I have been without this. I already have a blending brush, but not like this. It actually blends out the color without much effort. Its pretty amazing.
The third purchase, I actually got awhile ago from this QVC offer of Tarte products. I just never did review it or anything. I use it to apply my foundation, but its a blush brush right? Yes it is. I'm sure many of you guys have heard of this method of applying foundation, but if not then here it is. I ran across a beauty guru Michelle Phan who at first I thought was just a Youtube guru. She is actually much more than that though. Shes a very successful Makeup extraordinaire, if you ask me. Anyway she put up a video on her Youtube Channel about her current foundation routine. She uses a blush brush, that actually in my opinion works a whole lot better than a painter foundation brush. It gives full coverage and a more flawless look and you use less foundation. The only thing is that this brush sheds quite a lot, so I end up with brush hairs all over my face by the time I'm done. I purchased a Sigma Blush Brush on Amazon and should be here in a few days.
So next post I promise PROMISE, will be a fashion haul and no makeup!
Oh and aren't my picture much more vivid, well thats because I got an iPhone! The camera is just amazing and I'm so happy to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment