Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Lip Routine + More

Lately I've been really, I guess you could say annoyed with any lip products that isn't chap stick or lip balm. Any lip gloss that I purchase is too sticky and has a gross consistency or smells bad etc. The only gloss that I do wear is the Toki Doki Prisma Gloss in Rocketeer, but sadly they discontinued that color. Lipstick is just not my thing at all and finding a color that looks good on me is a pain; not to mention kind of drying. So what is a girl to do when she runs into this predicament? Well if you haven't gotten the memo, lip liner is not only just to line your lips. It can also be used as a lip color and even last longer than lipstick and lip gloss. Yes you still have to find a color, but for some odd reasons its not as overwhelming as going through the many different shades of lipstick. 

I purchased this Wet n Wild lip liner at the drugstore and the name of it is Brandywine. I can't really explain the color, but its the color of red wine but with a hint of pink. Its almost a flesh color on my lips but a shade darker. I just apply this and put a little bit of rosebud salve over it to give it a glossy finish. 
Its not very noticeable because it is quite subtle. I love that it is just a hint of color on my lips. I have been trying to do this technique for awhile, but I really wanted to find a color that was nice and not super loud. I do want to try a plum or burgundy liner for a more bold look. Any suggestions on good lip liners? 

A few days ago I ordered a contour kit off of Drugstore.com by E.L.F. I only got a nice cheap one, because I have never contoured before and honestly I have no idea what I'm doing.
I think the bronzing powder is my exact skin tone, so it might not really contour anything but I think the blush will come in handy. Once I learn how to figure out this whole contouring thing, I'm going to purchase the Smashbox kit; it comes with a highlighter too. Its also on my wishlist along with the Nars Tinted Moisturizer. So we'll see how this goes, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment